Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rebecca's death

In the end, what really happened to Rebecca? What is the full story of her death? Is it right that Maxim is absolved of any crime? Was he caught in an untenable position? Was Rebecca simply too evil—did she end up getting what she deserved?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

She had found out she had cancer and I think was hoping Maxim would take her life so she wouldn't have to face illness, etc. When those facts came out then the probability of suicide was plausible. She definately deserved what she got. She was a selfish, sinful, evil person.

Cheryl said...

I don't think she got what she deserved. She was an evil vile woman and I think it would have been much worse for her to have to live and die slowly of cancer. Him shooting her gave her what she wanted- a quick way out.
He obviously figured out later that she had egged him on because of that very reason. I also think it was one last act on her part to ruin him because surely she didn't think he would get away with it.
I don't know if it's okay that he got away with it. I was torn. I mean the guy killed his wife. He killed his wife that he thought was PREGNANT!
Even after finding all the other details out I still find that disturbing.

Seth and Julie said...

I guess it is not up to me to say what someone "deserves". Sure she was loathsome, and she certainly pushed his buttons but he should have to stand accountable for his actions. She did not make him do it. And so again, I am torn because I do want Mrs. DeWinter to be happy and have all of it be over with, but yeah...you get the point.