Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mrs. Danvers

What role does Mrs. Danvers play in this story—in her relationships to the characters (dead and alive) and also in relation to the suspense within the novel?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

She loved Rebecca and would always try to convince the girl of that and she could never measure up. She was a very mysterous woman and devious person and I think was a bit "touched" in the head! She would have frightened me. She was sneaky, also, and it never comes right out and says it but I think she might have had a hand in destroying Manderly in the end.

Cheryl said...

She was creepy. She was just so evil. I wondered why she was so in love with Rebecca and why she couldn't just get over it but she kind of explained that later on. I was so creeped out when she was trying to talk Mrs. De winter into jumping out the window.

Seth and Julie said...

She was definitely creepy! But because she was so evil and nasty it made me suspect that something was wrong with Rebecca or that she was not as amazing as you are led to believe or I doubt someone like Mrs. Dancers would have appealed to her very much.