Friday, November 4, 2011

Stuart

Did it bother you that Skeeter was willing to overlook so many of Stuart's faults so that she could get married, and that it wasn't until he literally got up and walked away that the engagement fell apart?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Not really. I felt like he was a flawed man based on what his life was like. I thought he was a jerk the first time he met her but then I kind of liked him. I felt like she could help him and that he could be kind... but then it didn't really turn out that way.

Seth and Julie said...

Yeah, he kind of grew on me too. I thought he had real affection for Skeeter and I was happy for her. I don't think she was as put off by some of her friends as we would be because she was used to people who thought the way that he did. Obviously as she learned and grew throughout her journey with The Help she became less and less tolerant of the faults of the society she lived in and things began to fall apart.

The Kings said...

I didn't like Stuart at first because of how he treated Skeeter. But then later he came back to her and apologized and she gained an understanding of the "why". I had hoped it would work out but he wasn't strong enough to accept Skeeter and what she was trying to do and probably was influenced by his father's profession and being in the spotlight. I had hoped he would not let that affect him but it did.