Friday, November 4, 2011

Aibileen

The author manages to paint Aibileen with a quiet grace and an aura of wisdom about her. How do you think she does this?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

She is just really talented at creating real to life characters. I felt like each person in this book was so specifically drawn that they felt like real people.

The Royals said...

I think when we learn of Aibileen's son and how that relationship was, it softened Aibileen for us. I also think that when she says that she loved all the kids that she has watched it makes her seem more like a mother; and we all love our mothers!

Seth and Julie said...

I think she did this by continually having her take the high road and by having her love other people.

The Kings said...

By how she talked and treated her friends, how she dealt with her sorrow, and how she treated little Mae. I loved how she wrote her prayers every day. She was a very good and loving person and portrayed in that manner throughout the book.