Friday, November 4, 2011

Favorite

Who was your favorite character? Why?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Aibeleen and Skeeter.
I loved the way Aibeleen was so open to others. I loved the way she treated the kids. She was proud, in a good way.
Skeeter was able to look past what she was taught and the life that everyone she knew had accepted and try to change the world around her.

The Royals said...

My favorite was Celia Foote. She is so broken and naive. I wanted Minny to fix everything for her. I cried when she lost her baby and I laughed so hard about chasing away the naked man! I also liked the fight in Minny. She was so strong and stubborn.

Seth and Julie said...

Easy. Aibileen. I appreciated Skeeter for recognizing the injustice around her and being strong enough to stand against everything she had ever been taught, but I loved Aibileen. She did not allow the hurt and wrong that had been done to her to make her bitter and she still allowed herself to love others deeply and even give them benefit of the doubt regardless of their skin color. To me, she was the least prejudice. She did not make presumptions about people based on what she had experienced in the past. I felt like everyone got a clean slate with Aibileen and she judged them by the "content of their character".

The Kings said...

(Marcia)That is a hard one...but I think I have to go with Abilene and Skeeter. But Abilene really "told" the whole story with Celia and Minny and the others filling in their very important roles in the telling of the story. But it was Abilene who got it all started and exhibited bravery at first.