Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Your thoughts

Did you know that Gulliver's Travels was written as a political satire? Did you enjoy it?  What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I purposely skipped Austenland because I was on the fence about it and then you told me I would hate it so I took a break. But I fully intended to get to this one in April and just never did. It is still sitting here waiting to be read so hopefully I will be able to jump in late on this one.

Cheryl said...

I feel bad Julie- I probably shouldn't have told you to skip it. For all I know you may love it.
I just have a feeling you wouldn't. But... I could be wrong.

The Kings said...

I didn't know at first that it was a satire...I thought it was a children's book. It was definately not the latter. I didn't understand all the inuendos because I am not completely familiar with English history and parlimentary procedures and people and profiles he was describing in a round about way. But I did quite like the book and thought his descriptions of corruptness, lying, etc. fits quite well our society today, sadly.