Thursday, May 31, 2012

The ending

What did you think about the happy ending? If the story had continued on, how would you like it to play out? Would the souls eventually realize they had done something wrong in taking over the human race and leave? Would life go back to normal on planet Earth? Would some stay? Could souls and humans co-exist, intermarry, and have children? Would some humans not be able to forgive the souls and would it cause racial tension? Could souls deal with that?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

That is quite a mouthful of considerations and possibilities! I did like the ending although it did end different than I thought it would. But I am glad she got to stay with the humans she loved and who loved her. I would have had all the souls that would to leave to go to other places...but some would have had to stay in order for the human to stay alive because that human was so far gone. I could see them getting married, I guess, because of their love for each other. I don't know how the "having children" would work as part of their genetics would be part worm. But the host body would still have the ability, I guess, to mother or father children. Hmmmmm...Some humans would not be able to forgive because of the pain they felt at their loss. Those souls who stayed would eventually fit into society, if they had friends like Wanda did.

Holly said...

What a loaded question! I'm okay with how the book ends. I didn't expect it, but it wasn't terrible either. I like happy endings, but this was a little different just because you didn't know how things would pan out. I always wonder how a story would continue, and I had no answers for this one. I guess that's because there weren't any easy answers. If some souls stayed, there would almost certainly be humans who couldn't forgive them, and wouldn't want them to stay. But there is racial tension and hatred among people today on earth, so it would only be a little different. And the souls who stayed would eventually adapt to those tensions. I think they could have children, but I imagine the kids would be mostly human. The souls might not pass any DNA onto their offspring if it was a human body that mated with another. I'm no geneticist though. But in my mind that's how it would work.

Cheryl said...

I agree.