Thursday, May 31, 2012

Human's reactions

Were the humans' initial reactions to Wanderer/Melanie believable to you? Jeb's kindness? Jared's animosity? Jamie's quick love?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Yes, because the humans had lost their family members and friends to the "souls" and were understandably scared, angry, and curious. When they found that Wanda was not a horrible person then some of their feelings softened. Jeb was just kind from the first moment..and curious. And he had to keep things under control in his "house". Jared was angry because the girl he loved had been taken over by Wanda. Jamie loved the person who was in his sister's body because he loved Mel so much and was so glad to have part of her back. And then because his heart was open he was able to love Wanda, also, because she was good and because he still had his sister through Wanda.

Holly said...

I agree with the above comments. I think I would be terribly upset if the person I loved was being taken over by something else. I would be very angry. But, I can understand the love Jamie had for her, and willing to put up with anything just to feel like she was there with him.

Cheryl said...

Agreed with both of you. I think she did a good job of showing a wide range of reactions because that is the whole point.
As humans each one of us is completly different. We are each individuals whereas the souls are all so much alike. They tend to be predictable in their thoughs, actions, and reactions. But of course not all the humans would react the same way.