Death says that Liesel was a girl "with a mountain to climb". What is her mountain? Who are her climbing partners? What is her greatest obstacle? At what point does she reach the summit of her mountain? Describe her descent. What does she discover at the foot of her mountain?
3 comments:
Liesel had lots of "mountains to climb" but the one I am thinking of right now is the death of her brother and all the nightmares she had each night. She also feared her brother's "visits". She finally came to a point when her fear went away and she finally felt peace and no more nightmares. Those who helped her most were Hans and Max.
That is a good one.
I don't think she reached the summit of her mountain until the moment death came to collect her as an old woman. I don't think any of us do.
What mountain didn't she have to climb? She had so many and different partners for each one but I do believe she conquered the obstacles in front of her and made a beautiful life and a beautiful story out of tragedy.
Post a Comment