Saturday, July 2, 2011

thoughts

Do you have any thoughts about this book not covered in the following questions? Discuss them here.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just really loved this book. I felt like it was unique and thought provoking. I understand that Mark wanted to bring this story to people because his parents grew up in that time and place and we aren't often told about those Germans that didn't believe in what Hitler was feeding them. He wanted to share their stories.
I feel like he did give them a voice.

Seth and Julie said...

I have read so much this year about the Holocaust and World War II and also about slavery and I just find myself baffled. I truly can not believe that we (and by we I do not mean white people or Germans, I mean we the human race) are capable of such evil. This kind of suffering should never have happened. Evil on this scale should never have happened and it blows my mind that masses of people agreed that these practices were okay and followed along. I just sit and think about it until my mind is numb. Even while it is painful to read, I am so glad these stories are being told and that these voices are rising from the dust to redeem what was taken from them in mortality. Haunting!