Saturday, July 2, 2011

The word shaker

Why does Max only want Liesel to have The Word Shaker "When she's ready".

3 comments:

The Kings said...

I am not sure if this is the "right answer"...but I think Max thought Liesel might be too old for it.

Cheryl said...

I think he knew she needed to grow a little more still. I don't think she fully realized the impact of what was going on with the Jews and Hitler yet. I think she needed to be at a place where she would understand what he was talking about in the book because she was seeing it in the world around her.

Seth and Julie said...

I guess because it dealt with some pretty heavy stuff for a young girl, although she had a lot of life experience that most girls her age probably hadn't but I think he wanted to let her form her own opinions and come to her own understanding of the world she lived in.