Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dete

Do you think it was right of Dete to leave Heidi with Grandfather? Did she have any other choice? what would you have done in her position?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think that Dete was young and not fully able to take care of Heidi the way the Grandfather was. Of course with hindsight I see that it was a great thing that she brought Heidi up the mountain.
At the time however it did seem a little harsh and like she was 'pawning' her off. I think she could have been less abrupt about it.

The Kings said...

Dete had her own life and a new job that she felt she couldn't take Heidi to. I think she was a bit selfish...but in the end she did Heidi a favor bringing her to the Grandfather. However, taking her away again...when she took her to Frankfurt...was mean... although in the end it touched so many lives, including Heidi's, for the better.

Seth and Julie said...

I did not fault her for taking Heidi to the grandfather, but I did not appreciate her thinking she could come and take her back, especially by tricking her. She left her there and then took her when she was happy? Lame, but of course necessary for the rest of the story to unfold so I can't be too mad.