Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fraulein

Fraulein Rottenmeier tells Heidi that she is an ungrateful child because she wants to return to the mountain. Do you agree?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

No. Not at all. If Heidi had been rude to the people of the house and not been appreciative of the things they did for her than perhaps that could be considered ungrateful... but there is nothing ungrateful about her yearning to be at home with those that she loves.

The Kings said...

I disagree! Heidi loved her home with the Grandfather and missed it. Rottenmeier thinks that Heidi is ungrateful because she now has riches and anything her heart could want...but that is not what Heidi's heart wants.

Seth and Julie said...

I totally disagree. If anything I think it shows how gratedul Heidi was. With all the luxuries and comforts surrounding her all she wanted was her simple life on the mountain.