At the beginning of the book, Dashti describes herself simply as "a mucker and a lady's maid", but by the end of the story she has become so much more. When Lady Saren orders her to stay, Dashti muses to herself, "Strangely, her words held no sway over me. Maybe it's wrong, but I don't think I have to do what she says just because I'm a mucker and she's an honored lady" (p. 274). What do you think has brought about these changes in her? What words would you use to describe Dashti?
2 comments:
I loved that she felt that way at the end. I wanted her to realize that throughout the book.
I think that we all can put up with a little bit of *authority* and being told what to do but there comes a point when you just have to throw your hands up and realize that you are not something to be owned or ordered about.
I think she realized how much she had done that she didn't agree with and how much she had been sacrificing for Saren and decided she was done.
I would describe Dashti as charitable, strong, determined, resourceful, loyal, and kind.
I think because of all the experiences she had been through and the weakness she saw in My Lady and the evilness in the evil Kahn she decided that "royalty" didn't always mean the best people, the most kind, and the strongest. I think that in some ways she lost respect for them and found that she did have loyalty, strength, and wisdom...and a talent for helping others in ways no one else could. With this in mind I feel she decided that she was just as good as them and no longer had to bow to them...and that she should be proud of what she was and who she was.
Post a Comment