Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Breath of the soul

"Things worn closest to the skin, to the heart, carry the scent of a person, and of course, scent is the breath of the soul." What might Dashti mean by the last 5 words?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't know but all I think of is Abi. I mentioned this years ago when we read Twilight and it talks about Edwards breath.
Abi has this scent to her breath. I don't know what it is. It has been the same since she was a baby. It is going away a little but on most days it is still there. It is delicious. I can't describe it. I just "drink it in" as Anne Shirley would say.
Sometimes I hold her and breathe deeply and close my eyes and it's like she is a newborn again. It's heavenly. That was what I thought of when I read that passage.

The Kings said...

I am not sure how to answer it exactly but I think scents that stir our soul are scents that we pick as favorites...a favorite perfume that one wears because they love how it smells and how it makes them feel when they wear it...or the smell of certain flowers, the sea, babies, certain foods, pine trees at Christmas, etc. They can be windows to our souls and are a part of our personality and our inner person.