Did your feelings about Lady Saren change over the course of the book? Did you like her more or less after they escaped the tower? After they started working in the kitchen? When Saren orders Dashti to stay with her? What do you think brought about her changes?
2 comments:
They did. At first I thought she was just immature and whiny.
Then when they were in the tower I thought she was just spoiled and not very bright.
As the book progressed and she was so stubborn about so many things I just felt like she was giving up and needed to buck up.
I was mad at her as she continued to make Dashti pretend to be her and expect her to do things that weren't fair.
At first I thought when Dashti was caught that when she ran back inside she was deserting her and I couldn't believe it.. but then out she came with the Kahn and saved her. That was the first time I think I began to think there was more to her.
Then at the end she really redeemed herself. I still didn't feel about her the way I felt about Dashti but she showed that she was more than she had previously been.
She was strong in that she would not marry the evil Kahn and was willing to be put in the tower for 7 years because she would not bow to her father's wishes. However, after that she gave up on life and Dashti was the one who kept her alive. My Lady became very weak and totally dependent on Dashti. When they escaped she was still weak but once she started working in the kitchen I think she was starting to feel worthy again. But she was still too weak to own up to her name and position so put that burden and disguise on Dashti. Her true strength came when she finally owned up to who she was...and then protected Dashti's life...and claimed Dashti as her "sister" so that she would be eligible to accept the hand of Kahn Tegus.
Post a Comment