Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The consolation of books

Sara tells her father that "if she had plenty of books she could console herself." Have you read any other books in which the character felt the same way? Do you have a specific book you read when you feel sad or lonely?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I believe that came across in many of the Jane Austen books and "Little Women" with Jo. I love to read good books and although I can't think of one in particular that I have gone to in hard times (except the scriptures)many books I have read have lifted me whether it is a good day or a harder day.

Cheryl said...

I think of Anne Shirley from Anne of green Gables.
I am that way. No matter how bad my day is going or how sad/stressed/mad I am if I can sit down with a good book at the end of the day and lose myself in a story for awhile it helps.
My favorite books for that kind of thing are fantasy (Eragon, Harry Potter, Fablehaven, Twilight etc) or books like this one. Things that completely take me out of my world or that are so fun and positive that you can't feel grumpy.