“There has been a great deal of soft soap talked about God for the last hundred years. That is not
what I am offering.” What, in your opinion, is Lewis offering us in Mere Christianity?
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
A gathering place for readers
3 comments:
He wants to get to the nitty gritty of what a Christian is. Not the just saying "I am a Christian" but what he feels that means when a person truly becomes a foloower of Christ.
I know he was asked to do the series on the radio and so I think he just wanted to put out there what he believed Christianity to be.
He was offering hope and peace to a war torn country. He was asked to do this on the radio to help lift the spirits of his countrymen. And what brings greater hope and peace than the Savior? I think he felt that at a base level, almost everyone (at least at that time in England) was a Christian. He wanted to unite them together, and did that by discussing the very basic elements of Christianity.
Post a Comment