Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Enemy territory

What did you make of Lewis’ analogy of Christians as “living in enemy territory”? Is this a
biblical principle? In what other ways might the analogy be applicable to our lives?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

It is a Biblical meaning but also applies to us today...because we are living in a world where there is much good but where there is also much wrong and evil that is around us and can influence us. I also think that "enemy territory" referes to us and the battle we have within ourselves to fight off those flaws and justifications that keep us from becoming "one with Christ".

Cheryl said...

Good points mom.
Every time we leave the house we can see why the world is enemy territory... and by turning on the tv or computer or just about anything nowadays.
But I like your point about our body being enemy territory as well. That is interesting.

Holly said...

I agree. There are a lot of applications you could make from this. The world around us, but also trying to fight off the natural man.