Tuesday, December 4, 2012

outside view

Do you find Lewis’ picture of God as outside time, viewing the whole of it at once, helpful?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

I was a little confused by the concept. But we have been taught that God knows all...so that view could be a possibility. I have wondered sometimes how God can know all and be there for every one of us at the same time.

Cheryl said...

I loved it. It made a lot of sense to me. In face I have wondered about the whole free will thing if we already knew what we would face in this life thing before too and this was the first time I ever thought of it this way.
Of course I noticed how much I have been watching Doctor Who when I immediately thought... "like a Time Lord!" I'm such a nerd.

Holly said...

He's trying to explain something that we as mortals can't really fully understand. We know that God knows all, and that His time is different than our time. I think that this explanation could be beneficial and helpful, especially if you're struggling with this idea.