“A world of nice people, content in their own niceness, looking no further, turned away from
God, would be just as desperately in need of salvation as a miserable world – and might even be
more difficult to save.” Do you agree that “niceness” can make people more difficult to save?
How?
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
3 comments:
Because the people living in the "Nice" world or set of circumstances see not reason to change. Everything is good.
I loved his analogy of the grumpy lady that is a Christian and the nice man that isn't and how most people look at that and say well look at her. I don't want to be a christian.
I think you hear that a lot.
He brought up such a good point when he said imagine what she would be like without being a Christian and imagine how much better that man would be if he was.
I really liked how he said that the man being nice and happy was his spiritual gift and not just because of himself. The woman may have had a much harder life and much harder inner struggles that he doesn't have to deal with.
It really got me thinking.
Contentment. If everything seems great why would you go looking for anything more? I can easily see how "niceness" could make people more difficult to save. They wouldn't see a need for change as easily as someone who was struggling or miserable.
Post a Comment