“The essential vice, the utmost evil, is pride.” Why does Lewis say so? Do you agree? How do we recognize pride in (a) others, (b) ourselves?
What should our reaction be?
I am woman....hear me roar.....
9 years ago
A gathering place for readers
3 comments:
Pride keeps us from totally and truly being dependent on Christ and seeing the great possibilites in others. We believe that we can do everything on our own, we believe we are the best, and have no compassion or acceptance of others abilities.
It really is. I mean, we hear it all the time in our religion. Pride causes just about every other sin.
I think it is much easier to recognize it in others than it is in ourselves which I think is why we are reminded of it so often.
You both summed it up great. It is easier to recognize pride in others. The only way we can recognize it in us is to be very honest with ourselves, and try to reflect often about how we are living our lives. How do we stand in our feelings towards the Savior. Do we acknowledge that we need Him in every aspect of our lives? Or do we think we can do it on our own? It's not bad to try to be self sufficient or independent, but truly we cannot get through this life alone. Honesty and humility are the keys.
Post a Comment