Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gaining by losing

It’s one of Lewis’ main premises that in turning to Christ we become real personalities, and more
ourselves. Do you agree that in order to gain your life you must lose it? What does the losing
involve?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

I believe it means losing those traits that keep us from being true to ourselves and God. When we give up those things and are ot fearful of what others may say or think of us then we truly find ourselves and are in tune with God. "Losing our life" in order to gain it is not an easy proposition and takes a lot of work and choice to do so.

Cheryl said...

I do. It is hard. We all want to be "ourselves" but I found his premise of all those going out in the world to find themselves being selfish and never finding what they should find.

It does seem like nowadays more and more people want to "find themselves" and I think in many ways it does lead to pride and selfishness.

I think we all deal with it to some extent. But if we are practicing our faith it makes it much easier to find our real selves.

Holly said...

If you don't care what others think of you or how the world views you, it's easier to be yourself. You can be comfortable with who you are, and be free to follow the Saviors teachings. When you have the answers and guidance you need in this life, you can focus on becoming the best version of yourself.