Given the terrible hardship of life in Arizona Territory during the 1880's and 1890's, the desperate need to survive drove Sarah to do things that today might seem ruthless. Yet, she remained a caring and loving person. How do you think you would have fared?
3 comments:
I would have been dead the first time I was attacked. Sometimes people have to make hard choices to survive and protect others. She never hurt anyone out of malice. I think that must help to keep the conscience clear.
I hope I would have done what was necessary to survive and protect those I loved. I think she always questioned what kind of person she was as compared with Suzannah but she was a very caring person and loving person with those family and friends that were a big part of her life. She even tried to have patience with Earnest's very weird wife!
Everything she did was self-defense, but that still must be hard on a person to have killed. But it was either kill or be killed. I would be a basket case if I was constantly worried about my family's physical well-being.
Post a Comment