Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Faith

“Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing
moods.” Would you agree with this definition of faith?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Yes, I agree. In fact I just read a talk in the Conference Ensign which said in so many words that we must be strong in our faith at all times and keep our belief in God and the Savior strong so that in the times that we may have doubt or questions that we can remain strong and work through those waverings.

Cheryl said...

I completely agree. It is easy to have faith when you are feeling the spirit in a great meeting or a moment of doing something right. But it is harder when everything is going bad and you are having real life beat you down. That is when faith comes into play. If you don't have it already it will be hard to pull it out.

Holly said...

I agree with this as well. "Holding on to things" makes me think of being stubborn, but in truth we need to be stubborn in our faith sometimes. Unyielding no matter the situation. Faith really is that hope for something better. And it's in those dark times of uncertainty when you need that hope the most.