Thursday, September 6, 2012

Narratives

The use of multiple narrators was one of Collins's favorite storytelling techniques. What qualities does each narrator bring to the story? How does each change our view of the characters? Could the story have been told from a single viewpoint, and if so, whose?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

No, it couldn't have been told so well if only from one perspective. Each narrator brought his/her way of talking and perspective of what was happening. I think Mr. Collins did a wonderful job of separating each character's narrative so that you felt you were sharing time with a totally different person.

Cheryl said...

I'm sure it could have been told from one narrative but not as well. I loved the different narrators because he did such a good job with them. Each one felt authentic and their 'voice' really stood out. I got a good feel for each character.