Monday, January 2, 2012

The ending

The author leads Matthew—and us—to believe that Matthew will return to 2008 only to lose Charlotte. We don’t even know if he’ll remember his extraordinary journey to the past. How did you feel about the ending? Were you satisfied? Why or why not?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I didn't think he would lose Charlotte. Not for a minute. I didn't think the mom would be worrying about whether he would remember her or not if her daughter had died that night.
I did wonder if he would remember.
I figured the whole purpose was that she would be saved.
I was not satisfied really. Like I said, if they had been friends then I would have been. But the romance was just too gross.

The Kings said...

The ending was different. I am kind of glad he remembered for her sake...but it was their secret and I wonder how they cold keep that from their spouses. I guess at that point she could really get on with her life with no questions about whether he would remember. Hmmm...