Monday, January 2, 2012

Hindsight is 20/20

Beth suggests that if she’d known Marc would cheat on her, she’d never have married him. But Matthew argues she would have, because otherwise she wouldn’t have had Charlotte. Every choice we make in life has consequences. If you could relive your life knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? What wouldn’t you change?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think we all feel that way when something causes a lot of pain or we feel we may a stupid decision.
I wouldn't have got married the first time if I knew what I knew now. I wish I had taken that time in my life to travel the world and do fun things at that young age... but I also learned a lot and I can't do anything about it now so why worry about it too much.

The Kings said...

I don't know. We are told "all things give us experience" so maybe we have to go through hard times as well as good times to learn and understand. If I could go back I wouldn't have chosen a boy in high school to be my boyfriend because it wasn't right. If I had known what my husband would go through and the rest of our family because of war and illness I hope I would have learned all I could so I could have prevented some things that happened. But I guess life is accepting and dealing with things to the best of your ability, because we don't always have the answers. And trying to make the best choices and decisions we can at a given time.