Monday, January 2, 2012

The money

Roxanne thinks Beth is a fool for sending Matthew away after he gives her a two million dollar check—the winnings from the bet he placed using her home equity loan. While it doesn’t change the fact that he stole, Roxanne notes that he could have easily skipped town with the winnings. What if he’d lost? Do you think the ends justify the means? What do you think of Beth’s decision to put him down as a co-signer on the loan after knowing him for such a short time?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I thought so. I mean, I think most of us would do that if we could.
As for letting him co sign right away- there are a lot of women that do those kinds of things and my thought was NO!
I can't believe people do that.

The Kings said...

When he asked her to put him as a co-signer I remember thinking "NO! He is going to use you and then run". When she thought it had happened I thought "How can she have been so stupid?" His betting secured her financially for life and he and Charlotte, too, but I am not sure if I feel comfortable with that...because it was a form of cheating.