Sunday, February 27, 2011

Courage

It can be a challenge to find the courage to do what we fear the most. What enabled Kendra to do something that terrified her? What circumstances do you find most intimidating? How do you find the strength to make it through difficult situations?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Kendra knew it was up to her to save the lives of those she loved! She could have ran and did at first because she was told she had to get out in order to survive but then she knew she couldn't or her family and Fablehaven would not survive. We all have things that are not easy but require us to move forward and do what must be done or shrink back and not stand up. Although not of great significance to the world I have to gird up myself to train for and run a marathon. I have to face discomfort, fear of problems, and hard work. But that has to be done in order to complete my goal to finish.

Cheryl said...

I agree. Kendra knew that if she left, those left behind would surely die. She knew that she didn't have a good choice. She had to risk everything.
I think I find being in a room with a bunch of girls the most intimidating. I am wondering what people are thinking of me (which they probably aren't) and I kind of shrink back.

Seth and Julie said...

I felt bad for Kendra because I am also not a risk taker and I am sure she was scared of every single move she made. But she knew she was her families only hope. I recently blogged about being afraid to help my choking son, but knowing that I was his only hope since no one else was there. We can do hard things when we are the only one there to stand up and do them.