Sunday, February 27, 2011

Conservation

Fablehaven existed to help protect and conserve vanishing magical species. Why would that be worthwhile? Why do you suppose Grandpa Sorenson even wanted to protect the dangerous creatures?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Fablehaven protecte the fairies, the naiads...all the special parts of nature. The witch and others like her were also protected but also watched and fought. I guess the idea is that in order to protect the rights of the better parts there had to be agency for the worse parts.

Cheryl said...

Exactly mom. I think this is the same reason we don't say it's okay to protect one type of animal but it's okay to hunt another to extinction because they are more dangerous. It's not really up to us to decide but we can take precautions. That is what they are doing with the preserves.

Seth and Julie said...

They were jut there to protect and provide sanctuary, not to play God. I guess it is the classic good vs. evil thing. We have to allow both to play out.