Sunday, February 27, 2011

Attributes

Several of the creatures of Fablehaven personified specific attributes. What did the fairies seem to personify? The satyrs? The cliff troll? What are the strengths and weaknesses of those characteristics?

4 comments:

The Kings said...

The fairies seemed a bit mischievious, the satyrs teasers, and the troll demanding and perhaps cruel but with a desire for gold and a feel-good massage. I guess all of these attributes are a part of life and, perhaps, we all have a bit of those traits (except the cruel) in us.

Cheryl said...

Fairies= vanity
Satyrs= selfishness although they are also fun
The troll= I'm not sure. I think he can be a few attributes.
I think there are a few creatures that are pure evil like bahamat and the lady that came in the window.

Seth and Julie said...

I agree the fairies were vanity or pride which allowed them to be trapped. The satyrs, maybe sloth. They were playful and silly but didn't take much too seriously or help when needed. The troll was greedy, but that allowed them to play him to their advantage. I am sure we could find a creature for each of the seven deadly sins if we tried?

Cheryl said...

I think you are right Julie- probably a few for each sin.