Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fitting in

Erik says, "Being included was more important than the fear of getting hurt". How is this statement true for all middle school students, not only blind ones?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I think at that age one wants to be liked and included in doing activities and having friends. He was so afraid his blindness would keep him from friends and experiences so he dared to do alot of things that he knew he shouldn't just to fit in and be considered "the blind kid" who can't do anything.

Cheryl said...

Just about everyone.
I know that Doug wanted the 'cool' jeans and to be friends with everyone.
I didn't care about that stuff. I wanted to be as different as possible during jr high so on first glance you'd think that I wasn't trying to fit it... but in hindsight I was doing what all the other punks and skaters did so I was still trying to fit in.