Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Parent Lottery

What details from Randy's childhood do you think led to the successes he had later in life? Are there lessons in Randy's story for people who've had less fulfilling childhoods, or absentee parents? What advice might you give to those who didn't win the "parent lottery"?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

He had such great parents that supported him and guided him and taught him such great values. That gave him the groundwork for all that he did later. They also showed him how to live his dreams and gave him encouragement. For those that don't have that I would say read about others that have had those things in their lives and know that one can do anything if they have the desire and values to guide and help them.

Cheryl said...

It is great that his parents supported him so much. I know what that feels like because I feel like my parents would support me in any endeavor as well. I think that if you don't have parents like that, you can find that in outside mentors, friends, other family members, God, and yourself.