Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Last Lecture

Did you see Randy Pausch's YouTube video of the Last Lecture? Why do you think his lecture, and the book that followed, struck a chord with so many people?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I haven't seen the video yet but I think the book was so touching as you knew it was a dying man's last thoughts and feelings on how important life is and that we live our lives the best we can as none of us know how long we might have.

Cheryl said...

I did. I saw the video long before I read the book and then I watched part of it again after reading it. I think that it struck a chord because I think we all have childhood (and adult) dreams that we want to accomplish and we give ourselves so many excuses why we aren't doing them.. and here was a man that knew he was dying anytime telling us how he accomplished so many of his dreams. It was inspiring.