Saturday, April 24, 2010

Your thoughts

How did you feel while reading this book? Did you enjoy the book?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I felt stupid. Rarely has there been a book I couldn't read. Even if a book is hard to understand I can figure it out. The fact that I needed online help to find out what was going on was annoying to me.
I found out that I hate stream of consciousness form.
I really didn't enjoy the book at all.
Durning the first section as soon as I would get a hold on what I was reading the time period would change. That was frustrating.
I didn't like the characters.
I didn't like most of the stuff that was happening.
There were a few passages that were beautiful but as a whole I found it disturbing and depressing.

The Kings said...

I have made the decision not to read it...so I won't be reporting on this one!

Seth and Julie said...

Alright, maybe I should sit out next time we pick books because no one liked 1984 (one of my all time faves) and now no one likes this one. I picked this because I have been told for years by people who know me and know my taste in books, that I would love William Faulkner. I don't know why I have never read anything by him but I figured this would be a good one to start with. I haven't read it yet so I won't read any of the other questions in case there are spoilers, but I am now both intrigued and frightened of what I might find.

Now I just need to go to the library and start reading...

Cheryl said...

No way Julie! I actually am really glad I read 1984. It wasn't my favorite of all time but it was really interesting and it is a great book.
As for this one, it will be interesting to see what you think. You will probably like it.. although I did hate it.... but I like having all kinds of books each year so it's good to read things I may not normally have read.