Saturday, April 24, 2010

The mole's actions

Do you think Mole did the right thing by preventing Rat from leaving home to travel with the Sea Rat? At what point does helping a friend cross the line into controlling a friend's actions?

3 comments:

The Royals said...

I think when it comes to friends you should give them advice, but let them pick their own way that they want to go. I have had good advice from friends and bad advice. But I have never had a friend try to control my actions.

The Kings said...

Rat was very mesmerized by Sea Rat's adventures...and they were interesting. At the time of reading I thought Mole shouldn't have kept him from going. He was so entralled by the accounts of Sea Rat's travels that he probably should have gone and experienced an adventure for awhile. He could have always came back home if it wan't what he wanted. I want to be free to experience things and learn and see and do without being told that I can't!

Cheryl said...

Good point Mom!