skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The first section moves between the past and present with little more than a change in typeface to signify time shifts. How did you learn to find your way through Benjy's chapter? What is Faulkner saying about time and memory by having Benjy introduce the Compson family story?
1 comments:
I was so confused. I was about 15 pages into it realizing that I had absolutely no idea what was going on and who the people were.
I went online and looked it up. That is where I found out that it was written in stream of conciousness (which I guess I should have figured out but since I couldn't decipher characters at this point I didn't).
From there I also found out which character was which and how they related to the narrator, etc.
I don't think I could have got through it had I not gone online and found info on it.
Post a Comment