Friday, February 22, 2013

Thoughts?

I am kind of copping out on this one because it is so far behind.. but what were your thoughts on this book? Anything you would care to share?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I thought it was very good. I found it interesting to see the photos of that time that were included in the book and to read the remarks given by President Roosevelt and Prime Minister Churchill on Christmas Eve. In the movie "Winds of War" or "War and Remembrance" (can't remember which) they show that event and the events leading up to it where the two men get together to try to give America and England courage but also to enjoy Christmas and the President asked Mr. Churchill to flip on the switch to light the tree. But in the book it talks about and shows the President doing that. So I guess the movie wasn't completely correct.

Cheryl said...

Me too. I enjoyed it. It was a quick evening read and it was fun to see the pictures.