Monday, January 2, 2012

Trust

In Promise Me Beth experiences a number of hardships and heartbreaks. She believes that she has brought these on herself, because she allowed herself to trust people. How can trust get you into trouble? What do you give up if you won’t, or can’t, trust others?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I understand that because I have trust issues.
I do not trust people easily. I never have. I wish I could be more trusting so I feel sad when people that do trust easily lose that.
I think that although not trusting in others can help you from heartache it can make it hard to let people in.

The Kings said...

Trust can make you venerable to hurt if the person you trusts betrays you. But not trusting others at all can leave one sad and lonely. But it is not easy to trust again when you feel that your trust has been compromised.