Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Purpose

What is the central/primary purpose of the story? Is the purpose important or meaningful?

3 comments:

The Kings said...

Love was primary. The children wanted to find out what happened to their father and get him back. They knew the rumours that were spread were not true.

Foghting against evil was also of great importance. The story showed a stark example of the contrast between agency and control. Also how evil tries to make one think that "no choices" is the safe and happy way and the way to have no problems.

Cheryl said...

I think it is the good vs. evil.

Cheryl said...

Oh mom I forgot to mention I like your idea of agency. When they came into the town that IT controlled and the kids were all bouncing their balls and jumping rope in unison... that was my favorite part.
I thought that she did a good job of describing what a society would be like without agency in which people were supposedly happy with no real problems.