Friday, April 5, 2013

What would you do?

What is the likelihood of these types of events taking place? What are more likely scenarios that might cause this type of disruption to normal life? How would we cope with them? How far would you go to survive? Would you share? Steal? Hoard? What happens to our humanity in the face of imminent extinction

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really don't know the likelihood. It felt realistic though.
I would hoard... of course I would. wouldn't everyone if they could? That was one thing this book accomplished with me. I really wanted to get my food storage in order!

The Kings said...

I don't think any of us know exactly what we would do in disaster situations. But I would hope that we would have things needed to survive. I was impressed by the things Miranda's mom did to help in their survival by gathering as much food and other items as she could immediately. I thought one idea she had was smart...getting soups that didn't require water to make up in order to preserve on water. I think each of us need to think about what we would need in order to survive for a month, at least. I would help my family but that would have to come first and then help others as best as I could without hurting the needs of my family.