Friday, April 5, 2013

Miranda's mom

Why is Miranda’s mom so angry about her leaving the food line to get Dan? Were you surprised by her anger?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Miranda's mom was not my favorite character. She is the one that made me come out of the story feeling like I was hearing the authors point of view and opinions. In this case I didn't think it was fair but I guess she had to take care of her family and the idea that they might have missed out because of Miranda leaving the line is a harsh reality.

The Kings said...

I was very surprised by her anger. I thought that it was kind of cruel to make her daughter feel guilty trying to help someone else. But I think at the time her mom was so afraid of not being able to get the food they needed to survive because Miranda was trying to catch up with Dan.