Friday, April 5, 2013

Reverend Marshall

Why does Miranda call Reverend Marshall “despicable?” Do you agree with her? Why or why not?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

He was despicable. This enters my other problem with the book. It seemed that anyone that was religious was bad or crazy.
While I don't agree with that I know that there are some people like him and I agree that the attitude he has is despicable.
I can't imagine any church leader I know living off of his members while they starved to death.

The Kings said...

I do! The author did seem to depict religious people as fanatics...her friend starving to show faith in God that he would help her and be with her and minister being depicted as being a big jerk. All ministers living in this experience were not, I am sure, so selfish. But this minister was a horrible man...trying to teach faith without living it and leading his "lambs to the slaughter".