Friday, November 2, 2012

Bilbo and Gollum

How are Bilbo and Gollum alike? What skills does Bilbo show in dealing
with Gollum?

4 comments:

The Kings said...

They love making riddles and both are very good at it. But Bilbo wins! That game of riddles saves Bilbo's life...and the dissappearing act with the ring.

Seth and Julie said...

The are both wise but I think Bilbo had the skill of patience and foresight that Gollum lacked. He was thining through the game to the end and Gollum was fixated on his ring.

Seth and Julie said...

thinking, I meant

Cheryl said...

I agree Julie- Collin had become obsessed in his solitude and could 't see far pass his fixation on his ring. This was one of my favorite scenes in the book since I was familiar with both characters but not on this way yet. I loved finding out how bilbo ended up with the ring.