Friday, March 13, 2009

Mrunas'

Do you think the missionary society was walking in the Mrunas' shoes? What do these ladies show you about life in the town? Can you walk in their shoes and understand where they are coming from?

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I don't think the missionary ladies were walking in the Mrunas' shoes. I think they pitied them but they didn't try to understand or accept them.

They made it clear that no one would go near them except for Grimes.

I think that sometimes people get involved in charity to elevate themselves or because they have the means to help but they do not want to get down in the trenches.

I can walk in their shoes because I think I have been judgemental or prideful too. I used to serve at a soup kitchen and it took me a long time to feel comfortable and to love the people rather than pity them or fear them.

Cheryl said...

It seemed like they were so excited about the good things being done for the Mrunas but oblivious to the people in their own town who needed help and could have benefited from some of that consideration.
I do think that none of those women would have ever helped out personally.

The Kings said...

Instead of walking in the Mrunas shoes and trying to understand their customs they were trying to change them to their way of life. No doubt the Mrunas needed some changes but so did the ladies "of the club" in the way they acted towards others. They were so willing to have others change but not ready to do it themselves.

Sanya said...

Maybe we're all a bit of good- intentioned hypocrites!