Monday, April 30, 2012

Great Aunt Carolyn

Jane's Great Aunt Carolyn set the whole Pembrook Park adventure into motion. What do you think Carolyn's intentions were in sending Jane to this Austenland? Do you think Jane fulfilled those expectations?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You know, I'm not sure. I wasn't certain whether Aunt CArolyn's intention was to send her there to show her it was silly and have her get over her obsession or if she thought she would seriously find love there (as she did) and did it to be nice.

The Kings said...

I am not sure, either. But I think she wanted Jane to get over her obbsession with Mr. Darcy and felt that a trip here would let her live her fantasy but also just might help her find her real "Mr. Darcy". In the end Jane did.

Holly said...

I didn't know either on this one. Jane felt there was a specific reason she was sent there. But I think her Aunt Carolyn just wanted to help her move past the fantasy and obsession. This way she would be able to fully jump into the story, and maybe get it out of her system so she could move on. I don't think the aunt thought Jane would find love there, but I doubt she'd have minded that outcome.